Friday 15 February 2013

Pancake Day > Valentines Day

These greater than or less than signs have been creeping up on Twitter recently; not gonna lie but maths, in our LEISURE TIME! Maybe that counts as the minute bit of revision I do for maths. Speaking of which if you aren't hammered with revision (or you have no motivation to do it) enjoy my blog. I don't encourage putting off revision... however I may encourage procrastination. Which is worse. 

As I've been so distant from the blog lately (yeah totally revision...) I've forgotten pancake day and the dreaded Valentines Day. Shrove Tuesday for the religious out there- or Pancake day for the one's who just want pancakes- is the day just before lent, where everyone pigs out. Fat Tuesday is also a term used. But if we're going to go that way, with my love/hate relationship to cupcakes, Fat Tuesday is everyday. Lent is where you give up something for 40 days. As a 'thoughtful' friend, I've been betting on how long my friend can last giving up chocolate. Comes in handy for the Republic sale, R.I.P. and whilst we're talking about deaths R.I.P Gangnam Style. I would say it to PSY's singing career too but my sister's too much of a fan. Bit ironic as she pronounced his name incorrectly for most of the time he was famous. 

Focussing on Shrove Tuesday. On Tuesday; our had everything else, but eggs or flour. Come on! These probably sound basic to you, but we only have eggs if it's a planned fry up. Flour on the other hand, was self raising. So this weekend will be Fat Weekend- sorry for offending you weekend, you're the only delight of the week. Well half of Sunday lets it down. 

On with the chocolate chip pancake recipe which I asked Nanny for. Can't go wrong with a bit of Gran's baking.

Chocolate chip pancakesChocolate chip pancakes

Serves: 2 
Prep time: Under 30 mins
Cooking time: Under 10
Eating time: 5 Seconds

Ingredients:

  • 2 Eggs
  • 5 tbsp Milk
  • 150g Plain Flour
  • 2 tbsp Caster sugar
  • Pinch of salt
  • 75g of dark chocolate chips (you could use milk or white to spice it up)
  • Sunflower oil, for frying
  • Any toppings you like to serve. Ice cream, nutella, syrup- up to you :
Method:
  1. Whisk together the eggs and milk.
  2. Place the plain flour, caster sugar and a pinch of salt in large bowl, then make a well in the centre, pour in the liquid and beat with a hand whisk until smooth.
  3. Stir in the chocolate chips, then cook spoonfuls of the mixture in a non-stick pan, using just a tiny splash of sunflower oil, for 1-2 minutes on each side until puffed and golden.
  4. Stack and serve with a scoop of butterscotch ice cream and a drizzle of maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment