Saturday 3 May 2014

#ABlogADayInMay 2nd


HOW DOES YOUR CITY INSPIRE YOU?

NAME: EVIE STACEY
BLOG NAME: DISTACEFUL
AGE: 21
FAVOURITE MODEL: FREJA BEHA ERICHSEN
FAVOURITE MAKE-UP BRAND: LIME CRIME
BLOG LINK: http://www.distaceful.com


I haven't been living in Brighton for very long, not even a year yet, but already I can sense a tangible change in everything I do, from the way I speak to the way I dress, as a direct result of living here. It's a strange city, everyone seems at once both profoundly different and yet entirely the same. Brighton as a whole has a certain style; the 'trying hard to not try hard' look that is perfected by the masses. It's notoriously tricky to imitate, but when one pulls it off, there are few feelings better than knowing you look great without having to try. Style inspiration doesn't solely come from the good people of Brighton, it's all around; in the buildings, the artwork, the music (as clichĂ© as that sounds). Living here hasn't only altered my fashion sense, it's also introduced me to new music, cultures and notions. Brighton has aged me, in a good way, and I can easily call this place home even though I'll be leaving in a few months. But anyway, this is supposed to be a fashion post, not a dispiriting, self-deprecating ramble. In terms of style, I am being more adventurous, and trying to wear a lot less black. Layers are my best friend, because they always look good and hide any unwanted rolls (upon rolls) of fat. Brighton has a very hippy, boho vibe, so I now have a kimono, some harem pants and a giant vintage denim jacket in my possession. There's not much more to say about Brighton, as it's a difficult place to accurately describe. It has an infectiour atmosphere, and I 
would find it very hard to believe anyone could come here and not be influenced by such a dynamic city. 

No comments:

Post a Comment